Thread: Crank pulleys.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #29
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Re: Crank pulleys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Stepbed View Post
S/T here's my setup now. It should help to see what you need. I have a 2-groove wp pulley for a short water pump and a 3-groove crank pulley. My old setup in the pictures above were taken before the restoration. I had(I believe) a 2-groove wp pulley and a 2-groove crank pulley. The crank pulley had two peices. The crank pulley that turned the Water pump and alt. was directly aginst the balancer. The second piece of the crank pulley was basically an add on extension to work the power steering. Your crank pulley has three grooves. The one directly against the balancer should drive the wp and alt. The middle groove will be for A/C if you have it. The outside should drive the p/s.

I wouldn't be able to tell if you have the correct wp pulley just by seeing it. I'll try to check my old pulley in a little while to get dimensions for you. I'll try to see how long and deep the wp pulley should be. The oulley is at my dad's place, so I'll have to check it in a few minutes. Meanwhile, here some of my current setup.

They are Dayco TOP COG. They are the only kind of V-belt I will buy. Don't buy cheap stuff. You get what you pay for. My brother learned this lesson with his truck. He went to Auto Zone and told them he needed new belts. They automatically gave him the cheap ones. They haven't stopped squealing after a year.
Do you have any information on the pulleys in your last pictures / part #s? Are they hard to keep clean?
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote