View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 06:46 AM   #96
Green Monster

Re: Both headlights burned out tonight... Why?

That is correct. When I unplug my bulkhead connector my drain drops from 12.5V to 0V. Sounds pretty simple to narrow down from what you told me. I will investigate further to determine where my drain is. Looks like I'm on the right track. Should have this thing figured out by this afternoon since I have the day to work on it.

That shorted cell was messing me up. All my testing was pointless with that bad battery in there. I never had a shorted cell, nor did I know one could exist. Now I can go about tracking the drain down with all the instructions all gave me earlier.

My earlier post about the wire going to the tach then the full tank may be wrong. I have to check that wire again. What's the deal with all the wires coming out of my fuse panel? Was this all "creative wiring" or is it supposed to look like that?

Initially all these wires all over the place were a bit overwhelming. Now that I know where they go to and from it makes it a lot easier to comprehend what's going on here. Most of my problems appear to be from wiring that was done by previous owners. This electricity issue is really not that intimidating anymore when the wires are easy to track down.

Dealing with electrical issues is a task in of itself. Giving advice for electrical issues is pretty difficult. What would possess you guys to give electrical advice to someone who has no clue what he is doing?!!! Thank you for all your help so far, everyone. I have enjoyed this learning experience.

-John

Last edited by Green Monster; 10-06-2007 at 06:47 AM.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote