View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 11:55 PM   #9
04Xrider
Registered thread killer

Re: 2006 chevy seats, integrated seat belts, pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineNXS View Post
If i remember correctly, in early threads here, members recommended that the floor should really be reinforced under the seats, because if ur in an accident, the seats will pull through the floor. You might wanna search for other threads on this issue...

BRAD
I did see that thread. And I am not to worried about it for several reasons. I have used pretty good size flat washers on the under side, that alone would take a hugh force to pull them through. Second, the stock seat belts had two attachment points, and if you had three people in the truck, the center person shared one of those. The seats have four attachments each for a total of 12 bolts. That is considerably more then the 1,1/2 or two (depending on passengers)That the stock belts used. Third, I am only 140 lbs, a wet noodle could just about secure me