View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:02 AM   #22
DURRTY
USMC

Re: Putting it all back together again..... build thread

FINALLY got it Using an idea from Rokcrln's Trazer post I built a pair of supports to go in between the doors. They can push or pull the gap. I used these and some creative use of a couple jacks and a port-a-power to get it straight and shimmed up. I havent had to use more than a 1/4" of shimms exept under the front floor mount. I could not get the windshield frame to line up with out it but still I used about 1/2 to maybe 5/8 of a shim. The doors shut with ease and they are straight enough to me.

I don't know what y'all are measuring, I have the body mounts all bolted up and have had the front fenders, top, rad support, all on and off and on again. It lines up to my eyes the body mounts bolts are all almost at the center of the holes also and that was not happening until today. I'm going to start putting the floor and rocker jungle in tonight with screws and check it all again.

its not final yet the fenders are not lined up in the pics but they do move into place I was about to toss them out into the street if i had to mess around with em again.
Attached Images