View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

pics from my trip

OK... *IF* I have everything figured out.... then some photos will show up here. This is just a preliminary run. I only did a few photos. If all is good, I'll do more... LOTS more tomorow. (I actually have all summer's worth of pics to post)
Some one please let me know if they show up... or don't show up... or what ever!
This will be a photo thread of my trip from Seattle-ish Washington... to Columbus Ohio... the trip when I went to go buy this 72 burb off of board member CG (mark)

This was what i saw when I first got to CG's barn (that sounds like a southern grocery store doesn't it?)
Brad... who goes by the screen name of Brad... had already swapped out the passenger side door, he's ducked down in there tightening bolts when I took this shot... and that's his crap on the hood too.
First impression... not too shabby!

I'll be skipping QUITE a bit this evening... I'll post more details tomorow

Look at how much stuff is packed inside this sucker!
oh yeah, and the totally AWESOME job Ellen (ET'sC10) did on the lettering. This was all freehand! I was so totally impressed... very tallented woman.

Again.... what everyone saw when I'd go screaming by them.
Ok... ok... when they'd pass me honking and giving me a one finger sallute.

Uh oh... Fuel leak. This was just a few miles from getting out of Oregon. Stopped at a truck stop for some fueland to chainge out the tire that blew a belt... I had been limping it for 100 miles or so already. But When I pulled from the pump to a parking spot... I smelled fuel, looked under and saw this

Did I mention I didn't even have a jack?
Time to improvise. My tubby self wouldn't fit under the burb, and I had no jack, so i opened the back and grabbed something... ANYTHING... to lift this tank up so i could stop the flow.
This shot is after fixing it, after ruining I think 4 of the sweet ass shirts Al made up.

Time to get the heck outta here. Oregon is hard core about keeping there environment nice. So I had to hi tail it out of there. (I cleaned it up the best i could)
First i had to go buy a jack... and then a lug wrench after I twisted the 4 way tire iron I shipped from Ohio. This was on a Saturday if I remember... but I found a NAPA that was open.
Me hi-tailing it out of there; (BTW.. .this shot is real... yes, it was gravity assisted, but it was real. I was trying to hit the century mark, but had to lift due to the hairpin turn at the bottom of the mountain)

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 11-09-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote