View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 11:52 PM   #45
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: pics from my trip

Now I'm into Utah and Wyoming... not sure exactly. Either way... everything is goin fine.
I've been told that when you see rock pillars like this, that it's left over from volcanos... the mountain has worn away, and the lava that dried up is what remains.
i dunno if it's true... but I sure wanted to pull over and climb it!

But i didn't. :bummer:
Dew reserve is getting low. I don't like being able to see the bottom of the cooler.

I thought this was a nice shot... nothing special though

Pretty sure this was wyoming now. The lady at the gas station said there was something like 6 or 8 inches of snow on the ground the day before... but now only the shadows have snow left.
I thought it looked cool... so i took a bunch of pics

No clue what this town was... other than secluded, and with no cell signal... but I think it looked cool. Looked like a town that was born simply becouse the rail road went through there.

Starting to get windy now...

i didn't get the pic of the next one... it said 75 MPH gusts. Started as a side wind... which was OK, made the burb lean to the left, and took some weight off that crappy spare I still have up there., but then, I turned into the wind. I couldn't believe how hard it was... felt like it was gonna stop the truck in it's tracks.
The next fuel stop, the gas station chick was very chatty... I asked her if it was always windy like this, she said it wasn't uncommon. She said she liked it etter than back in the midwest, the wind helps keep the mosquitos down.
What ever.
I hang a right onto another road... and shortly after that, i see this sign.

Ain't lookin too colorfull though... not from where I was sitting anyways.

I stop for more fuel, and I recognise the name of the town I was in.... Fort Collins Co. Glock35 had told me to give him a call... so, he and I hung out at the gas station for 1/2 hr or so, lookin at the hotties (LOTS of them in his town) drinkin dew, and just shootin the breeze. Tossed him a T-shirt and he had to go back to work.
Was great meeting you Bob!
Continued headin south, got to the northern suburbs of Denver, and went to the Hotel.
finally... running water!
You know you stink, when you can smell yourself!
Actually, it wasn't too bad. I didn't smell anything anyways.
After my shower, is when i met Frank...
Sick69. He had picked up some rims for me, and delivered them 2 hrs away to me... on a work night! I handed him a t-shirt before the first wheel came out, and he was wearing it 5 seconds later... Very cool! He hung out with me for a while, we talked about trucks, the board, chicks, looked at my pics... talked bout hotties again, all kinds of stuff.
However... much like when I stopped in Fort Collins... neither of us thought to get photos.

Stay tuned... tomorow... I'll finish the story, with more pics, and more details about myself that'll make you wonder if I am crazy...
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote