Thread: Die-cast 67-72
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #278
special-K
Special Order

Re: Die-cast 67-72

Hey,did you get that at a store?I never saw this before and just bought one off ebay that came about an hour ago.I asked the seller and he said it had`98 for a date and I thought it just got by me.But,the box is designed like the`57 Cameo that isn`t that old.I got it w/shipping for what it would cost at a store.I was the only bidder.I figured between the "Rides" one and the blue & white one that`s out right now that this was earlier.Maybe I saw it before and just forgot.I know they brought the kit back about 15 years ago with an ochre & white one on the box.
Anyway,I came on to show a picture of my truck kits on display.I have a `72 MPC Long Step w/dirt bike kit I can`t find that I want on the top shelf where this red `72 is.

And,I opened the box and found this I started and abandoned about 15 years ago.I saw one on Ebay and bought it once I saw I had started this one.Bfore the auction was over a sealed kit came up,so I bid and won that,too.When going through my kits to put these away I found I already had bought a second kit way back then so I could build this one...that makes 4!Then,the original kit came up and I had to have that.Hey,it`s the only shortbed they made.If I build them I can cover the 69-72 Chevys.There`s a resin short Fleet and a`67 conversion,too.I have the donors!!!

It`s got chrome car rallyes from a Camaro kit.They didn`t start making car rallyes for trucks until several years later.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-13-2007 at 10:45 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote