Thread: Die-cast 67-72
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #283
special-K
Special Order

Re: Die-cast 67-72

That Racer`s Wedge is a pride`n`joy.The kit`s molded in red,too.Just looks neat in there.I saw another on Ebay and it was molded in white.I geuss there may be some significance in that to nitty-gritty collectors.I bought 4-5 kits from a board member a couple years ago.He had more,but I was kinda short on money and it was in between two vacations (rare).He gave me a great package deal and even a payment plan.I didn`t send money the week between the vacations and he got pissed and cancelled the second batch.That Open Road camper was in there...oh well.The other vintage ones I bought this year.
I had bought others when I broke my foot in the`80s and couldn`t work or do much else.I rediscovered kits while christmas shopping for the kids.I saw all the old kits reissued and went nuts.I only built a few.People saw those and my son and I started getting kits as gifts for awhile.They`ve been stashed until recently.I still have others.I had that Hot Trucks trio kit and sold it this fall at a swap meet (before my display).It had a`55 Stepside,90-ish Sportside,and El Camino SS.Sold it cheap,too.Wasn`t selling anything else,so I sold some to another vendor.
If I wasn`t broke (again),I would have bid on this promo.Actually I did bid $100 max. when it was hovering in the 20s.I came back to it and someone bid over $200 and won.I would have been on it and outbid him,but $100 was even more than I should have spent at the time.This is the only one I`ve seen this color.It`ll always be a high dollar promo and only bring more money in the future...nice!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote