View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #94
cayoterun

Re: GMC V-12 powered '91 Chev crewcab

Home, sweet home!
Son & friend got back to Ok this morning early/w truck & trailer. They tripped it straight out and back non stop. They turned 1,600mi in 35hrs. Spent about 4 hrs on that end with his uncle. Wife didn't push too hard coming back. I laid in the back and popped pills. I told her with all this easy living, It might take a while for me to get over this. She told me not to push it too far.

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and good thoughts during this time. I'll start trying to find the cause of this back deal now we're home, but keep the bro-in-law in your thoughts.

All those long nosed truck pics offered are really neat and thanks, memphismatt, for doing that.
Stopped on the way home where the crew-cab is, and made arrangements with the guys I bought it from to shorten the frame, but after we got the motor, tranny, and '62 cab mounted.
The owner of the brown '62 pickup gave me the title, and current tags for it. I'm now the proud second owner of a '62 GMC. Looks like I'm getting a long ways from the original title of this topic, but plan for the '91 crew-cab frame to be under our GMC, even if we do modify it's length to what we need.

Sometime in the future, That crew-cab and front clip may be for sale if someone needs it. It's not a bad rust free old cab & clip. Dash has been pretty well stripped out and it don't have any power. It's a cheapie work truck.
I even like the pic with the pickup bed and single wheels. Lots of choices.
Thanks,
Cayoterun

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by cayoterun; 11-17-2007 at 09:49 AM.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote