View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #103
jkade

Re: 72 2wd Blazer: Project "Break Me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
kade-
i think its great youre building your front suspension crossmember yourself. i do have a couple questions on how you decided to set it up as far as the geometry goes. how did you go about figuring what the camber curve needed to be? how did you decide where the caster should be? hows the bumpsteer going to play out? wheres the roll center going to be? i am assuming you are using some type of software to set it up? if so, what program did you decide to use? and would you recommend it to others (software)? sorry about all the questions i am thinking about doing the same thing (fabricating my own crossmember) but know i need to do the homework. i will be keeping an eye on the build and look forward to seeing it on the road.
Mine is built using the stock c4 geometry and yes the blazer will weigh more but it still should handle a lot better than the stock suspension. I could see changing the geometry if this thing was at stock ride height as the roll center would be pretty bad but my ride height on the front is going to be around 4". Hope this helps and we will see one day if the stock c4 geometry works worth a crap or not
Thanks
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote