View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #105
shifty
Questionable

Re: 72 2wd Blazer: Project "Break Me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged74 View Post
by all means build it, its your truck.
my point (which you confirmed) was that you seem to come across kind of arrogant. Im not saying its intentional or that its really a problem. You just said you were tired of people saying this and that about you. I was just trying to give you some insight as to why they might be saying things.
There is a big difference between being "arrogant" and being a "realist who sets a budget and works within it".

I would probably come across as "arrogant" or "stubborn" if people came into my build threat and started chastizing me about my choices, reasoning and logic in my build as well.

If you think someone is being arrogant, the place to air this is probably NOT in their build thread. A few people ganged up on ChevyDude in posts leading up to his "Project Overkill" thread/build as well, and I think that was inappropriate also, as did many others. How a guy chooses to build up his truck, and his reasons for building it up are personal. I don't think anyone on this forum has the right to judge or challenge those personal choices or logic in a build thread.

If you don't like a person's choices in their build, it's perfectly acceptable to offer up a suggestion, but, you gotta understand - a project like this is very PERSONAL to the person building it, so suggestions - even creative or constructive ones MAY NOT be taken with smiles and hugs.

I say everyone just step off the man and let him continue with his build thread like he wants to. Stop polluting the thread with your arguing, BS, accusations and namecalling, please. The rest of us are sick of seeing the harassment and want to see more build pictures.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 11-28-2007 at 12:25 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote