View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #109
jkade

Re: 72 2wd Blazer: Project "Break Me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
There is a big difference between being "arrogant" and being a "realist who sets a budget and works within it".

I would probably come across as "arrogant" or "stubborn" if people came into my build threat and started chastizing me about my choices, reasoning and logic in my build as well.

If you think someone is being arrogant, the place to air this is probably NOT in their build thread. A few people ganged up on ChevyDude in posts leading up to his "Project Overkill" thread/build as well, and I think that was inappropriate also, as did many others. How a guy chooses to build up his truck, and his reasons for building it up are personal. I don't think anyone on this forum has the right to judge or challenge those personal choices or logic in a build thread.

If you don't like a person's choices in their build, it's perfectly acceptable to offer up a suggestion, but, you gotta understand - a project like this is very PERSONAL to the person building it, so suggestions - even creative or constructive ones MAY NOT be taken with smiles and hugs.

I say everyone just step off the man and let him continue with his build thread like he wants to. Stop polluting the thread with your arguing, BS, accusations and namecalling, please. The rest of us are sick of seeing the harassment and want to see more build pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
Which moulding are you talking about? I have painted bumpers on my '68 and I think it looks great as long with the trim on as long as you paint the bumper to match the grille inset:

He is talking about the 67-68 side trim, I agree roll pans would look dumb with the side trim. Is the the truck that is got the ls and t56 Shifty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
jkade...keep up the good work...do this truck exactly how you want it as i know you will...
when your willing to give up those specks i'm here with open arms!
I want to get everything built and I will hook all those that want it up I will for sure hook you up conserding how sh$ty your luck has been.

Thanks Guys
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote