View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #21
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Re: finally my chalky 71 build in progress 56kbeware

Why they would rivet those pieces of metal in where there is rust right around the body mounts, with out attending to said rusty areas is beyond me...

But the rear corners of the cab look about the same

What looks like a gallon of bondo holding the rear floor together. Actually I think it's a gallon of bondo gluing a piece of angle iron(or similar metal) to the floor!

The floor obviously needs replacement, and probably did when they did this hack job.
Driver's side:

Passenger side:

So With the last repair a half assed halfass job is gonna force me to do it right.

Being as this is how I got it, I'm wondering, Shouldn't the back of the floor abut (or be welded) to the rear cab wall? It looks like it was maybe spot welded at the factory. but would like some imput from anyone with an idea of how it should look.

I'm going to try to get my rad. and core support pulled and get the cab off the frame this weekend so I can rent a blaster and get all the rust and debris outta the way so I know what I really have to work with.

One things for sure: more repair panels will be headed my way in my future!

But my Arc and friends 110 mig should be more than capable as finishing the task at hand!

|M|

radiused fiberglass fender project for 67-72

Last edited by Mordachai; 11-29-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote