View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #113
arkracing
Weekend Warrior

Re: Its Gone!!! hit by a DUI

If they haven't taken the Burb yet - DO NOT LET THEM and don't let them push you on it. If it is in your yard, it is not collecting any storage and isn't incurring any extra costs for them. you should be able to work a deal with the insurance company where you can keep the salvage and get the cash - might cost you a "salvage value" which shouldn't be that much on the burb as the people who are buying from "CoPart" aren't looking for vehicles of that generation. If it comes to it you can file for a "formal appraisal" in which an independant appraiser values the vehicle - his word is final, but if you're burb was super nice then it shouldn't be a problem. Just because it wasn't insured for "agreed value" doesn't mean that they will only give you the "book value"

It might also help to threaten to file a complaint with the insurance commisioner of FL. http://www.floir.com/

I assume that liability insurance is required in FL - if the ins. was cancelled in Sept, why wasn't his reg. pulled, and why didn't the first cop know this?

( I work in claims for an insurance company, so I have a little experience with this stuff - I'm an APD appraiser "Auto Property Damage")

If you have any specific question, feel free to PM me
-'69 Chevy C30 Mason Dump

-'33Ford P/U 396ChevyPowered

Last edited by arkracing; 12-02-2007 at 09:02 PM.
arkracing is offline   Reply With Quote