Thread: Snip snip
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #121
XXL
Seņor Member

Re: Snip snip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
But what about my 74? 3 trucks need 1ea right?
Rats! Foiled again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
How do you like the under dash set-up now that you've gotten a little seat time?
The mechanism is fine. It's been in there for a couple of years (which means about 500 miles ). Problem I'm STILL having is bleed-down in the brakes. It just won't hold pressure for more than a few days or so. But there's not a giant pool-o-fluid laying under the truck after a fresh bleed. Last time I decided to take it to a local shop so they could do a pressure bleed on it, and possibly find some pinhole leak somewhere to fix. Well... they bled it (and charged me) but didn't appear to do much in the way of looking for the actual problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaird View Post
did you go with the manual or power brake version?

Have any pics of the install?

Why couldn't you fit the resevoir? A fitment issue particular to your truck or all 67-72's?
I just bought the bracket. I already had a new MC and booster. Of course... I had to bail on the MC and go with a remote reservoir unit. There was just no room to get to the reservoir. The only way I could see it working is if you made a removable speaker grille for the center of the dash so you could get to the reservoir. I wasn't willing to do that... especially since I had already shaved the grille. I did leave the 2 air vents... 'cuz I was going to use them, but now that I've gone heaterless, I suppose I could have lined up the reservoir with one of them and come in through the top. Nah... easier to go with remote reservoir.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote