View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 01:35 AM   #42
race-rodz

Re: 68 crew cab dually "shop truck" project

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Welcome from one town over.. Are you a shop that does this or do you just have a nice shop to work in? Have not heard of race-rodz but then agian I live under a rock sometimes..
sorry, been away from this site for a couple weeks.

anyway... yes, Race Rodz is my shop name, officially opened in may of this year, un-officially i have been doin this kinda work and painting harleys for 10+ years(i'm 30). Nov 05 i went to work for performance fab in GP, putting it nice, i thought the owner had no biz doing anything automotive related. i walked out after about 6 weeks, then i was commishioned to re-build a car that PF started.... red 57 chevy, air ride, efi 8:71 blown bigblock, 20x16/18x6 wheels..... got tired of the "thank-less" work enviornment... went back out on my own. spend most of my time doing custom sheetmetal fab, chassis work, and body/paint on "special" projects.

this truck is backburnered for a lil while longer, got a couple SEMA 08 projects taking priority at the moment. i did manage to get the motor dug out, degreased, and started puttin the "hot-rod" parts on it... stacked twin turbos will be a lil sooner than originally planned

all the doors are "hung" now, just need to get a lil time to finish the latches, then its onto the roof skin. chassis is awaiting some free time also, then onto the jig it goes...with anyluck this thing might be a roller before spring.

i also have Kris Horton workin on a rendering, rest assured it will get posted once its finalized.
race-rodz is offline   Reply With Quote