View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Re: Opinions on system needed please

That should work, the only way to see is just try it out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoJim View Post
First off let me say I'm not looking at having a "thumping" "scare the neighbors" stereo system. Most of the components I've had for a long time and acquired to settle a debt. I want to spend as little as possible, and the stuff that I have seems like quality components even though they are a good 10-15 years old. Just want a nice sounding system...Hell, I listen to country most of the time.

Kenwood Deck is new (see pic)

JBL 6.5" is 20-300watts (see pic)

JBL Plate is 5-120watts (see pic)

Amp is SoundStream Reference 405 (5 channels) (see pic and PDF for specs).

So here's my thinking....hook plates up to front channel, hook 6.5's up to rear channel, and then the sub to the mono channel.

Use one DVC 10" (slim style, dual 4 ohm) sub in a box behind seat. The mono channel of this amp is stable to 1 ohm and I'd run the sub at 2 ohm. Could even go 1 ohm with the right sub.

The deck has 3 sets of RCA outputs (use all of them) and crossover ability and I would not use any of the built-in amp crossovers, and let the deck handle that.

Run the 6.5's at full range, the plates in a high pass mode, and the sub in sub mode of course.

The PO hacked the bottom of the doors for 6x9's, so I would mount the plates and 6.5's in the door and build a nice cover.

Will my thinking with the crossovers work?

Any other thoughts and opinions please.....thanks!
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote