View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #19
BLE 'BURBAN
In the Forgotten far North.

Re: LMC -- What's up???

:m5I: placed an online order with them back in April. All the parts showed to be readily in stock at the time I placed the order (10:00 pm Alaska Time !am their time) on a tuesday evening and had requested UPS BLUE LABEL (2nd day) shipping of the parts. My total came to around $167.00 including shipping. Ok, fine, no problem. I figured they are a large company & my order is coming in late in the evening(early morning) so I'll give them a day to verify stock on hand and pull the order then send it to shipping and recieving to be packaged up the next day to be shipped out late thursday for delivery to me on the following monday. RIght?
Monday comes and goes, no parts. Hmmm Tuesday-NADA. Wednesday-NADA! Thursday I call them and ask what the hold up is? I give them my order number and when they came back on they said the same thing about having to calculate the freight charge and that's why it was taking so long.
"Calculate freight charges!? Why? I was quoted freight charges already from your online website for a grand total of $164.00. What's to calculate?"
"Well sir you asked for UPS 2nd day shipping..."
"Yes I did"
"And since you live in Alaska the shipping is going to be more than you were quoted on our website."
"No it isn't. I was quoted this much and that is all I'm paying."
"No sir, If you want these parts shipped 2nd day air to Alaska you will have to pay an additional, (I think she said $56.00)
"Ok then how much to ship them UPS GROUND?"
"We don't ship GROUND to Alaska sir because you can't drive to Alaska."
WHAT!?!?!?!? LAdy put your supervisor on the phone."

I get put on hold and I am not hanging up. This dumb broad just p.o.'d the wrong guy.
15 minutes later her supervisor gets on the phone and says...
"Sir, the price you were quoted for shipping within the continental U.S. only"
"Do you know where Alaska is? Have you looked at a map of the North American Continent lately? Did you see water completly surrounding an island called ALASKA!? NO!!! UPS can AND DOES ship ground to Alaska all the time. You can drive to Alaska as well!!! People do it all the time on a road called the ALCAN HIGHWAY LADY!!! I was quoted this price on your website and that's all I'm willing to pay. And if you aren't going to honor the price quoted, then we CLEARLY hace a case of false advertising going on here which is highly illegal!!!!"
"Let me see what I can do sir. and I'll call you back shortly. your number is?"

I gave her my number, hung up and waited.

2 days later, my parts showed up. shipped 2nd day air as I had asked for the price I was quoted on the net. Never did get a call back from her though. And yeah I did record the whole conversation too.

That was the first & last time I did any dealings with them.
overhead console Stereo install Round 2 Aug 2009
Heated/turn signal mirror upgrade

Last edited by BLE 'BURBAN; 12-17-2007 at 11:46 AM.
BLE 'BURBAN is offline   Reply With Quote