Thread: just my 0.2
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: just my 0.2

You probably don't like people chopping the windshield frames off of 73-75's to make full convertibles out of the later K5's either then.

I've got a 75 and will do with it what I please. Which is wheeling it, but then again I got it in a rusty condition anyway.

You just touched on a subject that drives me up the wall to no end. People with pre-set minds to what they think should be done with a certain model of Car or Truck. My Dad's been blasted for having 63 Corvette knock off wheels on his otherwise bone stock all original 57 Bel Air Hardtop. The 57 pureists say it needs to be 100% stock, while the vette nuts think it's blasphamy to have knock offs on any other car but a 63 Vette. Here's what he's told them which usually shuts them up. If they pay him what the car is worth, they can do with it what ever they please, until then it's his car. As far as the wheels go he told one vette nut to trade him 2 sets of reproduction knock offs and he would give him the originals. (the new ones won't slice your hand on the fins and yet are worth twice the repop's).

I've had a guy blast me for putting a tilt column in my 69 Nova, saying it wasn't an option in 69 so I shouldn't put it in mine. I asked him how to get my fat arse in the car without it and he shut up.

The way I see it, Cars/trucks are all about personal choice. I'll do what I want to mine and won't try to impose what I like on somebody elses baby. Besides, in my mind weren't K5's built to be off road (2wd's excluded of course)??? I love seeing them in their natural habitat in the woods, mud, mountains or parked by a lake fishing off the tailgate on a lazy saturday.

I appreciate stocker's for what it took to preserve them. I appreciate 2wd customs for the effort it took to do what they did to them. I appreciate the off roaders for using them for the original intent and built up bits. Would I go build a 2wd custom? Probably not since I got my Nova to go fast in, but I can appreciate the work that goes into all of them without critisizing the choice that owner made for his particular ride. Unless you plan on buying every last 73-75 in the country to preserve, your going about it the wrong way. People will continue to do what they please when it's their property. Cut it, junk it, use the k5 frame for a 69 Camaro car/truck project (how's that for a double whammy) or something else. Your going to drive yourself nuts if you keep worring about what other people do with their trucks.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote