View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #33
chevyrestoguy

Re: What I've been working on....

Was bored yesterday, so I decided to tackle the filler hole in the cab. I figure that if I keep working on the little things, then I'll keep making progress. I made a cardboard pattern of the cut-out, and used a piece of the old trans tunnel because it had the compound curve already in it that I was looking for. Plus, I didn't have any .063" scrap left, and the cover was the right thickness. And, I got a auto-darkening hood for Christmas, and I was dying to try it out. I LOVE it! Should have bought one years ago!

I decided to roll it out for a frontal shot. I've been cutting and narrowing the front bumper to get it to fit better. I've still got alot more work to do before it fits the way I want it to. I narrowed it 2" in the center, took 3" out of the corners, and pie-cut it in 8 places. I still need to re-contour the center and the corners, and build a valance to cover the area between the bumper and the front of the fenders. The straps on the top are there only to hold the bumper in place until I build the brackets, so they're not permanent. I just got a set of H-4 headlights and wanted to see how they looked. Unfortunately, I dropped and broke the passenger side light when I was taping it in. S@*t happens........

Last edited by chevyrestoguy; 01-02-2008 at 09:00 AM.
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote