View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #23
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Re: Cool Blazer Story !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
That's an AWESOME story. Do you live in a smaller community or a big city? Either way you got lucky when you "re-bought" it. I hope to one day get my old corvette and my 68 step side back, if only I knew where they went...
To answer your question, I live in a town of about 45,000. When I sold it the population was about 24,000. It has been about 6 months since this was brought back to the top, so I will update it a little. Since I first posted this I have had the chance to look over the records some more and did find someone who knew the owner before me and knew a little history on it. The records show that it seems to have spent most of the last 22 years in a town about 15 miles away from me. It looks like it has been financed or had a bank lean against it at least twice since a couple of the DMV transactions show a finance company as the owner. The guy that I met that knew the former owner said that he had bought the Blazer without a engine and it was missing a lot of other parts. He had plans of putting 38's it which would explain the 4:56 gears and lockers. It was painted by the owner before him, so I still don't know much about what is really under the paint. There are a couple of other people who think that the Blazer was stored in a barn in pieces, which may have saved it from the local 4x4 guys from destroying it.

As a side note, part of the records that were included was a photo copy of the paperwork from GM in Oakland CA to the dealer here in Oregon. It was sold new in 1971 to someone with a farm title. I am not sure if a farm owned it, or that was just what they called non-commercial titles back then. I may add some more later if I find anything interesting about its history.
Turbo 350
NP-205
454 BB (for now)
MORE TO COME !!!!!! Now going to 2WD!!!!!

Sold.

I got it back after 22 years and did not even know it !!!
THE STORY HERE

Project Low Down Dirty Rat
ABLAZN is offline   Reply With Quote