Thread: Shops / Garages
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #30
streetstar

Re: Shops / Garages

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummin89 View Post
wow you could live out of that garage and do it comfortably. Really nice. You lucky dog, and that goes to every one.

EDIT: Sometimes i just don't read everything, now i see you say your living out of the upstairs, now thats a better way of living above the garage, lol.

Thanks for the compliment! The idea for the place came from the Clive Cussler novels. His main character lives in an apartment in a corner of an aircraft hangar he leases at Dulles/DC airport. Roughly 1000sf of the giant hangar is supposed to be his apartment and the rest is devoted to his collection of antique cars and other vintage memorabalia

I couldn't afford a hangar (and i'm a few miles from the nearest airport), but the garage is my loose interpretation of that concept.

My only complaint is that every time i wake up, my wife is - still there (actually she is the one that made me finish it nice --- i would have been happy with a big metal shop building and a bedroom and kitchenette in the corner--- oh to be single again)

Nonsense! I'm in my prime
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote