View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #7
kszygc

Re: 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 drop?

The problem that I see is the compression stops in the front end. I read that one of the reason that lifted chevy's with the torsion bar suspension ride all screwy is that they lift the suspension up off the compresson stops. GM engineered them into the spring system. They are not just bumpstops. They add to the spring rate of the front end torsion bars. Take a look at the front end at normal ride height. The compression stop are touching the lower a-arm, aren't they? It might be fine if you pull them out, then measure the opening and cut off a portion of the stop. I'm not sure if this would cause problems or not.

One of the lift companies, either Superlift or Skyjacker include spacer washers to maintain contact with the stop and lower a-arm.

I bet it would pretty tough sitting down low. What size tire are you running? My 99 Z71 has 285/75/16's and they don't have a lot of fenderwell space, although much more than the second image you have. they just kinda touch a little bit at the back side of the well at full lock.

Last edited by kszygc; 01-25-2008 at 10:26 AM.
kszygc is offline   Reply With Quote