Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #350
jaros44sr

Re: PO has me PO'd

I'll try to give you the short version of how I got the parts from Tri-Pro...
Went up to visit Jon to show him that if they just stamped the one dual headlite bucket(symmetrical) for the GMC's they could offer a complete core support for us Jimmy guys. Well, his boss was impressed and told Jon to give me a core support. I left my headlite bucket there so they can start to work on it

Since I wanted to put the '67 front on it some day, I checked out the differances between '69-'72, there are none. Just a extra set of holes with weldnuts at the lower portion of the '67 for a deflector to be bolted on. Since I had to remove the headlite buckets from the chevy core support to weld in the dual headlite buckets, I opted for the '67 since I would not have to remove the single headlite buckets, everything else being the same.

On the way out the door, Jon said " would you like an old rusty set of fenders off the project truck". He!! yeah, obviously his definition of rusty parts and mine are not the same, as these were way better than what was going on my truck!

As I'm loading up my newly found treasures, he walks over and asked if I want a rusty '67 grille. I couldn't get in my car fast enough....

After getting home and hanging my fenders on the new core support, I thought I would see what the grille would look like. To my amazement, this thing started to bolt up to the GMC '69-'72 fenders. Now I have to find some '67 buckets and headlite bezels to see if they work, then it's on the hood latch...Worst case senerio, I put my stock dual headlite grille back in, with the really nice, strait fenders Jon gave me. Tri-Plus rules

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote