View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #32
shifty
Questionable

Re: Bad transaction with "insanebehavior"

Well, if you need any more clarification, this is something he emailed to me BEFORE I agreed to the deal, and the reason I can't believe things went down this way:

(his message in blue, mine in black)

Quote:
Tell you what - You couldn't find a person that would get better use out of
it...if you don't mind ... Let me know what you'd want for the frame with
everything pictured including the stock crossmember, but excluding the
wheels and dropmember. If you want to quote me prices with/without the disc
brakes, that would be great also (so, two quotes, please).

Think about the number and what you want to get out of it - I'll get back to
you within 24 hours and drop you a downpayment if you need it (I'm really
serious about buying).
Quote:
No deposit. I am sure there would be others willing to take it if you change your mind. I have not even advertised it. I will have to repair the notch I put in the front for the steering. You will have to paint that part when you get the frame home. I will also have the front powder coatedcross member for you. You will need to bolt it back in when you get it home.
As you see, he clearly opted to repair the notch, without my even saying anything about it. He also told me the patch would not be painted! It's pretty obvious that I didn't ask him to do this, and in fact, told him twice on the phone that I didn't want him to patch it (and I believe once via email or PM), because I may actually use it, and if it's properly notched and reinforced it would be OK as it was.

So ... yeah. I paid money for work he chose to do - I didn't tell him to do it. I told him NOT to do it.

To boot - "I am sure others are willing to take it if you change your mind". If so, then why the hell was I prompted to pay $200-300 for the work, then later that price went up to $300-400? Why did I pay $175 out of pocket? I guess other people wouldn't want it now?

I guess I'm the bad guy here, right? The same guy who stole the $175, eh? OK. Sure thing. I pay for work you choose to do. that's fair. I pay $325 for gas and $130 for a trailer hitch to come down and pick up a frame that winds up being half-ass in the front half, and I'm the bad guy who needs to cough up $$$.

I think you should cough up some dollars.

Even Scott was interested in buying the frame before I left, and he was pinging Mark about what he'd want for it, because he was thinking about putting it on his street rod truck...

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-09-2008 at 12:18 PM.