View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #114
insanebehavior
Account Suspended

Re: Check out my 24" wheels, now what??

in hind sight we spent a lot of time building those hinges. they look awesome but i personally feel like autoloc makes another set of suicide door hinges i feel are much easier to install. i will post a picture of them and a typical installation. others on the forum may have other ideas but this is my opinion. these hinges allow for plenty of hinge swing altlhough the mounting plate must be recessed in the door. because we were experimenting with different hinges i cut alot of metal out of the door so next time i do this i will have a better plan. we took alot of the stability out of the door by doing this and we ended up coming back and securing the door jam to the back of the cab. those doors are not light and the door jam didn't have enough strength once we had the door hung. I would be happy to cut out templetes for the hinges we made and send to you but i think these auto loc units are better. they list for over$400 on the autoloc site but i bought mine on ebay for like $160.00. check out these pics of a website i saw were a guy build his own hinges out of 2 x 4 tubing. i will try to find the website and send it to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged69chevy View Post
Hey mark, I think the hinges that you first purchased were the Electric Life billet hinges. (correct me if im wrong) I was actually considering purchasing those hinges for my truck... Would you consider making me a pair of your hinges too? Let me know.. Thanks!

Nick
Attached Images