View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 11:00 PM   #1
Porkchop

Hey you audio experts

Okay, to answer this you don't have to be an expert but I don't know alot about this stuff and was wondering if you guys could help me. I have a 69 chevy and am looking at installing speakers. I have the unit already installed but am working on the speakers. It's a 180w (180/4=45 watts per speaker) jvc. Against someones advice I purchased a set of 6x9 sony x-plode three way speakers. I figured that sony is a well known manufacturer and since the speakers weren't that cheap then they must be good. I was wrong, even though they are 180w maximum input apiece they still could not handle the 45w that one channel puts out. So my question is, what exactly is a three way speaker. does that mean that the tweater and the woofer are in the same speaker? Would it be better to go with seperate woofers to get good bass and then get two regular speaker to work as tweeters ( I'm not too sure I know what I'm talking about here hopefully someone does)? If I got seperate speakers how would I hook them up, woofers hooked to back wires and tweeters hooked to the front wires? What wattage should I go with for these speakers so that I can turn it up really loud and have the bass all the way up and not have that crappy muffled vibration noise that some speakers get?
thanks for all the help
brad
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote