View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #26
C10-Driver
Chevy Truck Addict

Re: Sold for $55,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
All the rock throwers need to read this. I have beat this drum for years but all I get is " I could build three trucks for that". NO you can't build three, you can't even build one of this caliber.

I agree with all the comments regarding build costs. When you are building a quality, custom truck, an enormous amount of time goes into the customization but it also takes a lot of time taking the caliber of the build to the next level. I have close to 400 hours into paint and body and I started with a rust-free truck. Then you start talking about detailing the engine compartment... Hours and hours and lots of $$$ for shiny parts. Then, once the outside of the truck is finished, you need to do the interior. It wouldn't surprise me if the interior on that truck cost $10,000 or more. Then, you need to start looking at cool details like the back window. OK, I'm rambling but the list goes on and on and so does the money. All that being said, I'm glad I spent the money to build my truck. It is going to bring me enjoyment for many years.
1970 Pontiac Lemans
C10-Driver is offline   Reply With Quote