View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 02:27 AM   #33
bcbasketball11
Official Track Changer!! woot!

Re: speaker placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72swb_327stroker_? View Post
yeah, i am definitely bang! olufsen sounds questionable!

and bcb, that amp shutting down can be a number of problems. is the amp for the 6x9's running its own power, ground, remote/lead, and rca's? or is it running as a satellite/slave amp from the sub(master) amp. if they are each running separate wires than check the grounds, and the power... if they are running as a master, and slave... then the sub amp is drawing the majority of the majority of the current, leaving litlle for the slave which is why it keeps turning off. try running the 6x9 amp to its own source of power and separate rca's tho the head unit. if it has its own wires and it is doing this it could be an overheating problem. do they have good airflow? try running a pc fan, like the ones inside your computer tower. mount the amps on a board with 1/2" to 1" spacers to vent the amps, mount the fan on the side of the overheating amp and run the power in a piggy-back to the lead/remote wire. this way its only on when the amps are on, or a lighted switch. if it is run from its own separate cables, then try running a capacitor for a backup of power when the amps draw extra power for bigger bass notes, or louder volume play.

as for the kick panels, its always a good idea to run polyfill but thats not what i was talking about. i meant when you build the kick panels, if using fiberglass resin remember to seal the back side that you wont see so that it is airtight. if you can't seal it completely then run baffles. this is so the speaker has air/space resistance to perform better/ sound more precise and clear.

and yes mondo, bcb is right! also try filling with polyfill. do your speakers have separate tweeters, or are they integrated? if integrated do they swivel/move. if so angle the both of them towards the driver's headrest.

Right now it's having tranny problems, so when he gets the tranny out of the shop, i'll see if we can figure it out.. . .and YAY i was right!!! lol

BUY A CHEVY!!!!
bcbasketball11 is offline   Reply With Quote