View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #90
whatnow123

Re: Just bought a project 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehr View Post
Great looking truck - how did you "reinforce" the seat mounts? Im REALLY liking those!
I put some steel plates on the underside of the cab where the rear of the seat bolts down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Missed this thread somehow. Great looking truck! Love the color. What kit did you order for the exhaust? Can't wait to see pictures of it completely installed.
It's the Magnaflow thru X kit for our trucks. It's a well made kit but I don't like how the exhaust exits out the rear on a stepside. Not to mention, it doesn't exatly bolt in do to the way the front angles towards the collector and it didn't clear the non stock pan-hard bar for the over the axle peices. You are going to have to cut it and weld it for a shortbed truck since it's made for non-lowered long bed. I took a gamble but fortunately, I got a great deal on it so I'm still happy, plus it sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky71 View Post
Good to hear you like the new heads and cam. I have been wanting to order a set of aluminum heads and roller cam setup. Are your heads the Edelbrock RPMs or the non-RPMs?

So what do you think you are at for hp? I have read those Voodoo cams are really nice. How rough is the idle?

Keep up the great work!
I have no idea what the HP is and the idle is awesome, it's got a little lop to it, but it doesn't shake the car. The heads are the RPM 60899, they were new and never installed. It's the same heads that are used in the "Edelbrock top end power package" that is over 400hp when bolted to a 350 short block with 9.5:1 compression. Billa did a desktop dyno on a similar combo that pulled 413hp and 437tq, so I'm sure it's in the neighborhood. Not to mention my 60+ year old neighbor (who is a car guy and building a 32 coupe) came over checking on my progress like he usually does, I took him for a ride and he was awfully pale when I dropped him off.

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=219094

Last edited by whatnow123; 03-03-2008 at 10:28 AM.
whatnow123 is offline   Reply With Quote