View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #43
crews
It just doesn't matter

Re: I possibly lowered it TOO MUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
My truck sits at exactly the same height up front with 235/75-15s. I have zero rub issues- but(there's always a but) I am running the 7" wide van rallies(look just like the truck rallies- but narrower) up front. This pulls the tires in a little and keeps them from rubbing the fenders.

If you were to use a shorter tire, you would start getting the lower control arms closer to the ground- which if you look under there- does not need to happen.

You've got the perfect height right now, tuckin' just a little tire, you just need to swap to a wheel with a little less width and more backspacing. There is also a 6.5" wide van rally found on some of the late '80s fullsize vans.

Good luck with your project.

The van rallies also don't have as deep backspacing so the ywill pull the tire into the wheel well a little more. I think once you get a bed on it and maybe drop the front tire size a bit, you will find that it sits just fine. I think you maybe just are getting a distorted view since it doesn't have the bed on it. It makes it look out of proportion. I think you did just fine personally.

If you don't like me- TAKE A NUMBER; There are people ahead of you!!
crews is offline   Reply With Quote