Thread: idles rough?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 08:58 AM   #3
Benrs86

ok, the pcv valve goes up into the air cleaner right? because i took the lid off and it was there, blowing air up, so i figured it was the pcv valve, but it shouldnt hurt if that isnt blowing into the cleaner right? like on my 350 i just have it venting outside.? i will try some carb spray. by the way the plugs and gas filters are new. i was thinking one of the millions of vaccuum lines going everywhere else could be the problem. here is how i decided that: we unplugged one of the vaccuum lines, could hear no vaccuum noises, and the engine hardly ran rougher. and had very little vaccuum sucking on that line. then on my moms van we did the same and the engine ran way rougher. but we could hear the vaccuum. and you could feel it sucking waaay harder. maybe it sucks harder cuz its a v8? what should the vaccuum be on a little honda engine? i dont know the displacement. maybe we couldnt hear it because there is a bigger leak covering the sound up? i really dont know, but i will try some carb spray when i can. thanks, Ben

------------------
Brandon, SD
69 GMC 1/2 ton 2wd
wide long bed with wood
3 on the tree
350 engine 4 bolt main
rv cam
AIM = Alphray04

3 on the tree
350 engine 4 bolt main
rv cam
AIM = Alphray04