View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #15
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: Another parts store funny.

I for one never insinuated that the counter persons gender had anything to do with her incompetence! Just a disclaimer there ladies. In our town the only store with real counter men is the Oreillys. The only reason for that is when the Advance and Auto Zone shut down our REAL parts stores all the counter men went to Oreillys. I guess that's where I should have went for my belt but it's about 2 miles further and I thought for sure with me having the part # I wouldn't have the problems that I did. My brother was using the Oreillys for most of his parts when he was converting his Blazer over to ton running gear. If any of you have ever done this you know that you run in to some odd parts trying to get it to work. Well he needed a bastard U joint to get the half ton driveshaft to mate with the ton rear axle. The store manager wasn't able to find him one. My bro told him not to worry about it and walked down the counter to one of the old counter men that doesn't know how to use a computer () and he starts thumbing through his books and finds it for him. Now my brother just goes straight to the old guys! I don't know what we're going to do when they all get so old that they can't work anymore.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote