Thread: post em up....
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 03:14 AM   #45
Outlaw72
Hay Team!!

Re: post em up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by djracer View Post
I think this should make a good combo but I might rethink the heads! I thought about Afr's and talked to some folks that said Afr's bb dyno numbers were inflated. I have too much head for my 468 that's why I want to stuff it with two stages of nitrous. Until I can build a 565! I went the the brodix bb3extra's and I have heard of some really good combos using the round and square port versions of these heads! Just my opinion and you know what those are like!
Yea...I hear ya.....I know some guys here running the AFR's and they are really pleased with them.....but they are not running the as cast head either. You are not the first one to tell me that I should go Brodix....in fact, several sources have brought it up.

What is the difference between the BB2X and the BB3extra? Those are the two I hear about the most....just haven't really researched it yet. I guess what I will end up doing is finding the best head I can for what I want to do....my goal is still to have an off the shelf head, unported and pump gas compatible. I don't care if it drinks 5 gallons a mile.....it needs to be barely streetable on pump gas.

Also, an update......the 496 short block should be ready in about a month. It is now being machined, checked and will assemble immediately after. It is using the SRP 212157 dome piston. About 10.6:1 with a 112cc head. Stay tuned...more to come on project 496.