View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 02:14 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: Winch Bumper for my 72

All I can say is I bought a new snow plow designed for an`84 GM truck and it fit.Because of the "V" shape of our fronts and the flat front of the 73-87s it needed moved forward enough to where I used the front hole on the frame for the rear hole on the mount.Then,drilled a hole in each side for the second mounting bolt.
I believe a`73-up winch bumper would work the same.You may not have to move forward and just cut the "V" in the plate on top.That would depend on the winch clearance and where the ends hit in relation to the fenders.Road Armor had a bumper I wanted that wasn`t too bulky and jazzed-up that I considered using.I don`t know if they still make it,though.The ones I see for the late-models look too chopped up and bulky for me.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote