View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 06:08 AM   #18
dan42

Re: How do you get motivated????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
I usually get on here and check the build threads, then I get jealous, then..... well you know I head to the garage!!!

it helps if you have you favorite music close OR run that new cable out to the garage and viola!!
I agree. Sometimes I'll just go out and look at things. Keep the fun in it. Enjoy what you've already done, not just look to the next thing - that's what work is for. Turn on some good tunes, maybe do something really small, but do something, and enjoy the time. Don't make it a chore. Have a beer, relax, you're not on a schedule. That's what this thing's all about. That's why we do it. Life is short, and it's not necesarily about how much we do; when you go to the park with your kids, you don't think, well, I threw the football to little Johnny 20 times, then caught him as he went down the slide 15 times, then played catch for 10 minutes... no, you enjoy the fact that you spent time with your kids. Same thing with your truck. Does that make sense?
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote