View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #8
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project

here's an update... minus the pics. i left my camera at work.

I now have done the frizzle fry fender mod to both of my front fenders. I need to grind the weld and skim coat the D side, but i got the P side done today.

I also pulled the rear bumper in preparation for the body guy that i lined up today. I'll be dropping the truck off tomorrow to get the cab corners and finish what i started on the rust on the bed.

That'll give me time to finish the fender mod, and fill all of the holes i don't need and sand the the whole front clip. Once i get it back, the clip is coming off and the 68 clip will go on.

I doubt i'll get it painted before the midwest meet, but i have decided to go with Hot Rod Flatz Hugger Orange, and will have my dad do the paint job.

If anyone within a few hours of des moines has a long bed steel floor they don't need, let me know. That's the next project.

I also need to say thanks to LockDoc for the core support and door panels i picked up today. Both cleaned up nicely and pretty much finished off my list of parts i need to get before paint.

until next time...
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote