View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 02:24 AM   #166
Rust Buster

Re: 72 K20 build thread, need good name

With the undercoating done, I was able to put two coats of epoxy primer on the entire cab, inside and out. The SPI primers are great, and the epoxy sands really well.

With that done, I started putting down some Rage Gold filler. Great product but a little tough to sand. While that was drying, I bought and installed a GM Performance Parts wire loom with some MSD 8.5 mm plug wires. It's the first engine I've ever had with where the spark plug wires are organized! I am very happy that it worked well with the Doug Thorley headers.

While all that was happening the friendly UPS man brought some cool goodies including an Ididit tilt steering column, a used front swaybar and mounts from a 76 4x4, and a complete A/C system from Old Air Products.

The goal has been to get the interior primed and all set with filler so that I can paint it a dark grey. Now I know how many of you feel about cutting these dashes, so some of the photos may not be for the faint of heart. I'm putting an Alpine IVA-w505 head unit in the dash and it is a double din size. I respect the opinion about keeping these trucks as original as possible, but this truck is hardly original anymore, and I plan on keeping this forever and this is what I want. I do have something in mind that will pay homage to the original look that I haven't seen anywhere yet, so stay tuned.

So with that, the dash was cut...
I am still working the filler, and used Rage Extreme this time. Wow that stuff is great. Flows awesome and no pinholes! Also made the ignition module hole smaller because I am using a push-button ignition.

More pics as I go...
Attached Images

71 K10 LWB
52 Dodge Power Wagon
67 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon
48 Dodge WDX Power Wagon

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=239487
Rust Buster is offline   Reply With Quote