View Single Post
Old 05-22-2002, 02:08 PM   #9
Tim Rich

For my 72 stepside, which was pretty solid, I used a guy that my Dad has known and trusted for 30+ years. He had done a number of 67-72's. We talked to that shop and one other we had confidence in and they both told us the same thing - we make our money on insurance jobs and we will work on your vehicle when we have time. They both keep one (only one) classic vehicle in their shops at all times for just that. If I wanted to be first in line ahead of the insurance jobs the price would be about $10,000. If I would wait and be patient, $2,500. I was patient. I provided the parts (except paint and a few minor items) and they did the work, including welding in inner and outer rockers, cab corners and lower door skins. They fixed every dent inside and outside of the bed, took it down to metal. We brought the bed home first and I finished and installed the bed wood. When we got the truck back, we put the bed back on, as well as the bumpers, seat, and got the wiring back in shape.

The guys at that shop really did a good job, and as they run across things that they thought needed replacing, such as door latches, they let us know.

------------------
Tim Rich
Kennesaw, GA
72 Stepside
65 Must@ng
65 Must@ng
Tim Rich is offline   Reply With Quote