View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #54
Solego
Dr. Frankentruck's Monster

Re: For All Screwed By 72cstc5 (carlos)

I'm going to go ahead and chime in being the local resident expert on law enforcement (look at my avatar). Now keep in mind I am a deputy in Florida, so the laws in Texas may be different. Let me also qualify myself as the expert. I've been the pOlice since 2000 and was a street cop for six years before flying around in helicopters. Believe me now?

Okay. Here in Florida, were I to pull up on a scene simliar to this, we would not get involved. This is a civil issue wherein services were rendered and there is a dispute in payment. We could not force a person such as Carlos to give anything up.

We, the pOlice, specifically deal in criminal issues. The route necessary to solve such an issue is the one that Don is taking, through the civil court system.

I would have had to explain the same to Don, and tell him there is literally nothing I could do. Nor would I write a report indicating that his vehicle is stolen, because it isn't.

Most times people have requested a report, which I was always glad to do for them. But, they always expected that my report would render a "judgement" in their favor. I have recieved many a call from people upset that my report only tells the story that was told to me by both parties, and that it specifically stated that the Sheriff's Office would take no involvment in this dispute.

Yes, it's a raw deal, but these situations do not fall under the purview of law enforcement.

Project SLOMO
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430494

Last edited by Solego; 04-26-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Solego is offline   Reply With Quote