View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Re: Help me build my stereo system, please.

Forget all that, do what I did!!! lol

In all seriousness, that's a dam good headunit. Probably has the most expandability and features crammed into it of any other one on the market and still puts out pretty good sound.

If you run the components, I would definitely run an amp and if you get into doing subs, you NEED and amp.

For what you're looking at, probably a high powered 4 channel amp or an ARC Audio KS900.6

Personally, I don't like Pioneer's component sets. They just don't deliver the goods for the price you pay. If you love rock and don't mind spending the good $$$, invest in a set of MB Quart Premium components. You will NOT be disappointed.

For the amp, I do recommend the ARC Audio KS900.6. It's not very big, delivers solid power and sound great no matter how hard you push it.

Edit: For subs, it all depends on what fits. Pioneer and kicker both make great shallow mount subs and if you can drop the extra coin, JL Audio has taken the crown of the thin mount sub. A single JL TW512 will stomp all over two Pioneer or Kicker shallow mount 10's.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.

Last edited by AceX; 04-29-2008 at 10:49 AM.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote