View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
jorgensensc

Re: Help me build my stereo system, please.

Okay guys, you have filled my head with an insane amount of knowledge! I think I might be playing with the big boys when i really need to be in the peewee club. i hope no one takes offense to this, but I think y'all are talking a little out of my price point. I chose that head unit mainly because of all the interfaces, but I would never have never spent that kind of money on it new though. Does that make sense? I needed a blu tooth for my phone, I wanted XM and I wanted to be able to use my ipod. Those functions alone (or a blu tooth headset)would have cost me about 300.00, so to me the radio was a deal. I checked out that arc amp, but they are like 650.00. I really can't afford that kind of money. i'm still trying to buy parts and get the truck back on the road. So what could I do in the mean time for a set of speakers (I take it i should get component)that would sound good, but i could maybe add an amp later, or subs later? I would like to build on the system over time, but be able to enjoy it in the meantime? Also, if the coaxial speakers have both the tweeter and the "woofer" in one unit with a built in crossover, what is the difference between that and a component that has seperate speakers and a crossover? I know you guys probably feel like good money should be spent on the sound system, but I just don't have that kind of funds. Tunes are not as high on the priority list as say.. a good carb, or nice mufflers.. does that make sense? Heck the '56 Bel Air still has the original radio delete plate in it and this truck hasn't had a radio in it since I got it, and I drove it daily for about 8 months.
Thank you again for all of your help. I hope you will still help me out with my cheaper build. As for cost of speakers, I don't know, I thought 50 or 60 was a good price for 6.5 speakers, but what do i know.
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote