View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #18
SCOTI

Re: project INCREDIBLE HULK 6.2L with 6L80E

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
So are we to assume that dod and vvt mean the samething or are they 2different terms?
Everything I've read says they're 2 different things. . . ....

DOD is supposed to delete the firing of sequential cylinders under "limited load" situations @ fixed-rate RPM. What I've read is this means it kills 4 of the 8 cylinders under consistent, constant, light load conditions which theoretically will increase mpg 10~15% on the highway. This seems like it would be tough for an aftermarket/non-mass produced application to maintain its funstionality.... IDK.

The VVT adjusts the cam phasing so the motor is more docile @ idle (producing better efficiency & reduced emissions) yet can maximize output as the cam timing changes throughout the RPM range. This should make an already efficient engine even better (potentially more power per unit of fuel burned or less fuel to match current power levels).

Am I close 68ss?

I'm just curious how these things will respond to the 'tuners' tricks. In communications w/Don, he seems very optimistic.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote