View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
PA-IndianRider

Re: Another "how big a Tire will Fit Question"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-IndianRider View Post
Thanks everyone.... never thought you'd be able to get that kind of tire/wheel combo under a C10 .... Going to a swap meet on Sunday ..... I'll be on the look out for 12 - 14" rims ..... need 5" bolt pattern ....
GREAT day at the swap meet..... beautiful Spring day with "luck" in the air for me.

I found a pair of custom made 15 x 14" steel wheels (originally made/used on a Pro Street Vega) ONLY $50 ..... The rims have a 6" back spacing so I'll have to see how they fit.

Also found a set of tires to go on them ..... Mickey Thompson Sportsmans tires 33 x 15 wide (2 ply wrinkle wall) they have a decent amount of tread left, no cuts, etc..... only $70

But the "BEST" part of the day was I met a guy (who is retired) who builds 9" rearends in his backyard workshop(to your specs) who lives not far (Beaver, PA) from me (Mt Lebanon).

So talking to him was actually the BEST part of a very GOOD day. So as this project progresses the more I am not only collecting parts but experienced craftsman to help me get the "things I can't do"..... DONE!!!!!

So I'm pretty excited about all of the above.... the "wheels" are turning ....more ideas on the way.... will list them on this forum along with plenty of questions....ha!!! Thanks all you guys for the advice & encouragement..... John
"Gasser/Altered Drag Race Hot Rod"
Where were You in '62 ?
PA-IndianRider is offline   Reply With Quote