View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #29
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: My build. Project Karma. 71 stepside.

I was surfing the board one day and saw a gentlemen talking about his Inline 6 knocking and him needing a new motor. I just threw up a post stating that i had a I6 that was rebuilt about a year ago, ran perfect, and that i would be willing to ship.

We talked back and forth through PM and i sent him a video of the truck starting and running... In this video, the truck had not been started in probably 3 or 4 months.. I had the wife pump the gas 3 or 4 times, and it fired RIGHT off.. No noise. Perfect.... As usual. I will miss this motor.... Oh, and if you ever need to ship a motor USE ROADWAY... It was 295 bucks from seattle washington to Baton Rough LA.

Vid of engine start up... Embarassing for me. ahaha...

And here is a pic of the engine all wrapped up and ready to go. Motor was 510 pounds with pallet. I pulled the motor, got a BEEEEFY concrete holder pallet (overkill), strapped it down, and wrapped it up.... He should have it on the 12th... Heres the pic of it going by by.

That picture leads me to my next bit of the story. the engine for my new project came out of that truck sittin back there. I bought that truck for 900 dollars and drove it home.... PUlled the motor shortly after that and will have some updates on that.. The motor is in the shop now. Its set to be a mild build 450 hp and 510 lbs of torque....

Will have more pics of the motor soon.. I will also have pics of the motor at the build shop.. YAAAY..... To be continueeeeddddd.....
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote