View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
PA-IndianRider

Re: Another "how big a Tire will Fit Question"

[quote......70rs/s ...... 15X14 w/6"bs, means the wheels will have a positive (towards the outside of the truck) of 8", it sounds like they'll stick out a bit? I was wondering if a nice set of 12-14" wides with about 7" of BS, but wonder if you have any interference with the trailing arm?? Cutting the bed for a tub is only part of that (as you probably already know)..... OUTLAW: I hate to break the news to ya but a 14 wide 6 inch BS wheel is going to be way off.....you need a 12 inch wheel with about 7-7.5 on the backspace... [/quote]

Thanks everyone for the info, warnings & encouragement. Everything you have written to me is RIGHT on the $$$$.

I knew from what I had been told here in the forum that to use BIG wheels with BIG tires that the wheels would have to have a "bunch" of backspacing. But one thing is for sure.... "honestly, I was just waiting for a good excuse.... on second thought make that "any" even the slightest "excuse" to turn this truck into a "Pro Streeter".

As has been written here and elsewhere on the pages of this forum ..... MORE backspacing is required (7-8") if one is to avoid having to narrow the rearend "pro street" style. Man, have I got LOTS of questions concerning that & other related items.... ha!!!!

I know there is a lot of work ahead of me ......I am sure you know already that means a lot MORE QUESTIONS from me to all you "experienced" C10 drag racers/builders.

Many of you may think "some" if not all of the "plans" I have made for this C10are NOT necessary. But now that I am retired "time" for a project like this is NOT as much of a issue as when I was working full time.

One roadblock I will have to deal with in the near future is I will be having SURGERY on my neck/back again sometime next month or so. Had an injury last December that has me messed up again. Already have a "titanium plate & 6 screws" in there already. From what I have been told by my surgeon so far is that I might have this plate removed, the area C5-6-7 & T1 cleaned up, repaired and a larger plate inserted.... ouch...... 6-8 weeks of downtime/recoup time but after a few weeks I will be able to start doing "light work" which will include some of the things that need to be done on the C10.

Again... thanks for alll your help..... and as I said before.... "plenty MORE" questions are forthcoming .... have a good weekend.... John
"Gasser/Altered Drag Race Hot Rod"
Where were You in '62 ?

Last edited by PA-IndianRider; 05-11-2008 at 02:30 PM.
PA-IndianRider is offline   Reply With Quote