View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 07:48 PM   #8
SuperCheyenne72

Red face

new69owner:
I think CoryM might be onto something... maybe the only reason I haven't experienced anything like you have is because I catch myself right before I wave to anyone in a truck that is 1)being used and abused for a work truck or 2)is being neglected to the point of rust and decrepitude. These people just don't know what a good thing they have... you might as well give a bar of gold to a monkey.

longhornmail:
I like your story, how's this? I was riding one day with my father-in-law, and on the same stretch of highway I begin to close in on a 70-something f@#d. Going the speed limit I slowly pull along side of them... In the middle of my father's conversation I mutter out "Oh boy here we go..." He asks "what is it", totally oblivious to what's going on. I say without taking my eyes off the truck, "These guys are gonna want a piece of me..."
Sure enough, two teenagers begin racing their engine going about 60, as they hop, I hop and we both had nothing to brag about.
10 sec. and 80 mph. later of neckin' I let them go on... didn't want to give the old man a heart attack.
Sure they were teenagers... but I somehow saw it comin before I even knew who was driving.

• Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold and dual exhuast glasspaks
  • Edelbrock Performer 750 cfm
SuperCheyenne72 is offline   Reply With Quote