Thread: mylow53 build
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #167
53lochevy

Re: mylow53 build

Just install my TCI IFS to the door it was 2800.00 the 1800 is just the base price with no powdered coating and no upgrades. I purchased the kit with 12 inch brakes, air-bagged with the additional shock mount kit on the side of the lower A-arm to the frame,front swaybar, power assisted rack, and all the parts powdered coated. Worth ever penny I spent and got the truck down, put the bumber stops at 1 1/2 inches when the running boards are off the ground and wont drag incase of air failure ride height is 5-5 1/2 sweet. Alittle more in price but the ride is what im after in the suspension with the stock frame but if your putting alot of HP 400 or better, box the entire frame along with beefing it up in the center x-member,you can get the boxing plates from TCI also 225.00 you will notice the difference when you box it rite away. Go and step on the running board mounting rails watch the frame flex really bad and im only 180lbs stepping on it, now imagine 400 hp in the truck and if your like me Im putting my foot in it now you can imagine the twist with the torque in the motor and you dont want to twist the frame. I'm on a three to three and half year budget for my truck rounding out at about 17k for everything and Im not in a hurry to drive it only to have to tear it down later to do something I should have done the first time around much rather get everything I want the first time around and be done with it for me to enjoy into retirement. Will try and have update pics in blog of the install along with a detailed install of the bear claw latches using the stock door handles it came out sweet and was a clean install. Just fyi and my opinion
53lochevy is offline   Reply With Quote