View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 10:43 PM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I have yet to see a dolly for rent that is wide enough. Don't even bother with U-Haul.
A tow bar is one of the best things you can own IMO.
I got one at Wall Mart (R.V. section) for 100 bucks, then towed my '69 SWB from tx to Ohio behind the moving van. No trouble at all.
Then, this past March, Longhorn Jeff and I went to Pa, and pulled my one ton Longhorn behind his K/5 blazer 428 miles to get it here. That one was kinda scarey, but no real problems.
The bar from Wally's World is rated at like 3000 pounds or something wimpy like that. But, since I was removing bumper bolts, and bolting this thing directly to the frame instead of in holes drilled in the bumper (as per instructions on tow bar) I gambled, and won.
If it is just across town, you could always take the side roads and use a chain.

------------------
'69 G.M.C. 350/350. Trying to clean up the left over damage from the Dope-Smokin-Old-Man
I've been dubbed the Longhorn Freak/Fanatic/Expert, I just hope I can live up to it.
FINALLY got the HORNIAC...a '70 one ton Longhorn with a Pontiac 350/350 and lots of 'personality'. Check out The Longhorn Webite.
E-mail longhornmail@yahoo.com
My name is Andy...not Randy...I'm in Ohio...Not Illinois...close enough?
Columbus Ohio

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote