View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #58
Jamie @ Doug Thorley

Re: The LS1 swap headers are done!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captkaos View Post
Jamie,
I talked to you before when you wanted to wait for PCM to test his. I have access to my 73-87 AND I have access to a 67-72, both with LS powerplants. I don't mind cutting them up if I am covered.

I can say that I tried ECE mounts on the 73-87, you DO NOT want to do this, It will force you to move your whole drivetrain forward, causing you to have to move the crossmember and get a longer driveshaft.... Look at this post for a comparison of the ECE over 3" forward, vs the plates. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...8&postcount=38

I also have access to 1" back mounts and I can swap them out and see if I can mod the headers to fit that setup on a 73-87, that way it would cover all mounts. More people will be inclined to move it back than forward in my opinion..
Okay, you are 100% covered if you can make these fit both year ranges. I will re-coat and pay shipping both ways. Just take lots of pics so we can file them in our engineering dept. LMK

Your right on the the ece/73-87 senario, way too much to ask anyone to go through. This is the route we would all prefer.

Jamie (951) 739-5900 ext.211.

Call and we can discuss all the details.